To be: an independent, active support network for the governing boards of local state-funded schools, a ‘critical friend’ to the Local Authority and a body that speaks for the governing boards of West Sussex at a local, regional and national level
That local school governors will have the information, resources and confidence to enable every child in West Sussex to have access to an outstanding education
We will achieve our Vision by:
- Promoting the importance of governors and governing boards.
- Offering different forums through which WSGA can receive and disseminate information to and from local governors
- Influencing local education policy and strategy through active engagement with the LA
- Supporting governing boards that aim for high standards of governance and those that aim to raise standards in their schools
- Influencing national policy through relevant channels.