National Governance Association South East Regional Meeting
- The website upgrade which may include a ‘library’ and Webinars facility
- DfE consultation on Relationship and Sex Education – changes to be implemented September 2020. Could the DfE produce a Primary scheme of work? Probably better to buy in support rather than relying on volunteers to deliver SRE.
- School finances and curriculum planning – LA services and CPD attract a cost
- Responsibility for wellbeing of pupils and staff
- Increased wellbeing and mental health issues is leading to higher numbers of exclusions
- Annual governance survey result – GBs reducing in size
- Complaints guidance to be updated in January 2019
- Integrated curriculum and finance planning – use spreadsheets to demonstrate impact of changing subject budgets
- SEND and governance/DfE Estates Management guidance – published and should be considered
Comments raised by governors:
- Timetabling in a primary MAT, with teachers not attached to a classroom, has saved money.
- What if all schools set a deficit budget? As long as we are all diligent and reduce staff, the DfE will assume we have enough money.